hi everyone. I want to give you everyone one of my most delicious recipes. This recipe, which includes spinach, is one that my brother and I both came to love. Yes, spinach is what you just read.
Even though most people don’t really like spinach, this north Indian meal will have you craving more.
Additionally, it won’t take up much of your time and is quite simple to prepare, even if you have no prior cooking experience.
About paalak paneer
Paalak paneer is a traditional North Indian curry meal prepared with fresh spinach, onions, spices, paneer, and herbs. Paalak is Hindi word for spinach, while paneer is Indian cottage cheese. So paalak paneer is paneer cooked in a creamy, spicy, and delicious spinach curry.
The traditional way for preparing paalak paneer is to boil the spinach leaves before pureeing them. This spinach puree is then simmered with spices, onions (skip if you don’t eat onions), and tomatoes until it has the consistency of a thick curry.
Finally, paneer is simmered in the gravy. Generally, additional cream is added to this for a restaurant touch. Most people also add milk for an unique taste.
‼⚠‼ Garlic and Onions are optional
- Spinach : 2 cups tightly packed (900 grams)
- Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) : cut into cubes
- Green chilies : 2-3
- Garlic (chopped) : 8-10 cloves
- Tomato puree
- Cashews (1/2 cup)
- Cumin seeds
- Garam Masala (a blend of ground spices used extensively in Indian cuisine)
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice
- Fresh cream (optional)
Method of making
- Remove the stems and thoroughly wash the spinach under running water.
- Take a pan, and sauté green chilies, cashews and spinach.
- drop them in a grinding jar, Make a puree
- in a pan, pour 2 tablespoons of oil
- add cumin seeds
- add Onions and sauté them until golden brown
- Add Tomato puree and cook for a minute
- Add spinach puree
- Add salt as per taste
- Add water if needed
- Add Garam Masala
- Mix! Mix! Mix!
- Let it simmer for 2 minutes
- Add Lemon Juice
- Drop those Paneer cubes into the simmering gravy
- Coat Paneer cubes in that gravy
Pour in the fresh cream
Switch off the stove and serve it with bread, tortilla or Rice!
Do let me know in the comments how you like it!!!